Welcome to Funen & islands
"Funen is fine" says an old saying. It fits really well with reality. On South Funen there is a beautiful group of islands and cozy towns and in the north there are lots of fantastic beaches. In the middle of it all is Denmark's 3rd largest city and H.C Andersen's birthplace, Odense. In addition to this, there are 123 castles and manors on Funen. There are also plenty of good bike routes, both for the racer and for the mountain bike. You’ll find lots of sights and attractions for the whole family and all age groups.
Below you see a small selection of the most popular sights and attractions:
- Odense ZOO – It's crazy !!
- Egeskov Castle – Adventure for the whole family.
- H.C Andersens Birth Place – get close to the story
- The Funen Village – experience the history of Funen
- Naturama – get really close to nature in a modern way
- Bridgewalking – view of something special
- Fjord & Belt – an interactive animal museum
- CLAY – The Nordic region's largest collection of ceramic art
- Segway Langeland – 17,000m2 large Segway track
- Gorilla Park Svendborg – New and beautiful climbing park
Find lots of inspiration for your holiday on Funen HERE